Trodat has devoted itself to stamp production for over 100 years
Established in 1912 the story of the Trodat brand is one with far reaching results.
Here is the history of Trodat and their incredible story of devotion all summed up in timeline.
Franz Just and his wife boil stamp inks on in their Vienna kitchen and pour them into glass bottles. Many deals are closed during bursiness travels and the company flourish. The first headquarters in Vienna opens in 1927.
Confidence in the Austrian shilling is low after the war. Despite this, Walter Just, Franz’s son, manages to secure land for Trodat‘s relocation to Wels and successfully acquires loans.
The brand name Trodat is registered and replaces the company‘s previous name in 1968.
Trodat’s plastic, self-inking stamp Printy 1 revolutionises the stamp market saving space and time with its integrated stamp cartridge. The product’s innovation assures Trodat world market leadership. The Printy 1 and its successors sell into the millions to date.
The development of laser technology improves the quality of engraving on Trodat stamps.
Trodat starts establishing a relationship with corporate industry for everyday office applications with their product’s ergonomic, reliable and clean features.
INTRODUCTION OF COLOUR
Together with Trotec, Trodat brings patented Multi-Color Impressions Technology to the market. These allow for custom multi-coloured stamps.
NEW AND IMPROVED PRINTY
Trodat, once again, demonstrates innovative and quality design as well as user friendliness. The clean, functional and trendy Printy becomes a portable accessory – the Mobile Printy. The product is successful with sales of over one million in its introductory year.
PROTECTING THE ENVIRONMENT
Trodat‘s longstanding commitment to the environment culminates in a new project – the Original Printy 4.0. Climate-neutral as standard.