We sat down with Owner of Xpress Marking, to find out what makes Xpress Marking tick and where they look to find themselves further down the line.
- Where did you find yourself before rubber stamps & Xpress Marking?
I ran the rubber-stamp department at Waltons Stationery for 19 years which became Trodat’s largest customer in the Western Cape. When I left Waltons, the Trodat team reached out to me to manage their brand presence, sales and distribution in Cape Town.
- Of all rubber stamps suppliers, why did you choose Trodat Rubber Stamps?
Trodat is always a step ahead. The products which have become completely green (carbon neutral) provide you with a longevity guarantee!
- As a reseller what are customers most impressed by when it comes to rubber stamps?
The quality of the stamps itself and then our same day service. We guarantee that all approved orders before 10 am will be delivered on the same day!
- Can you take us through any given sales process – from the call, readying the stamps and delivering?
The process is a simple, yet careful one. We go about getting the correct information, after which we set the proof and send for approval and on approval do we then manufacture and deliver.
- Having met competitors and the Trodat South Africa executive, what sets you apart?
As cliche as it may sound, it’s the relationships I’ve built with customers and suppliers. Having been in the business for 37 years, I have had the unique opportunity to have met loads of customers and suppliers.
- Are there any new rubber stamps on the horizon?
Yes, the carbon neutral prints range. It will be expanded across the entire range, and the new professional line stainless steel series will be expanded across the range.
- In your own words, describe why and how rubber stamps are and will always remain relevant in a world where electronic stamps are becoming a norm.
Stamps on hard copies are required for authenticity regardless of whether large or small business. In that way, there will always be a need.
- We know that Xpress Marking serves at a national level, is there a greater goal?
Yes, there is a greater goal. As time proceeds we will expand the business to promotional items. With the help of www.xpressmarking.co.za, we plan to cross our local borders and eventually expand internationally.
- If I may ask, who are your main clients currently?
Stationery shops and suppliers as well as graphic shops.
- Any parting words on your behalf or on behalf of the Xpress Marking team?
We’re on the upward curve and are planning to tap into promotional material marketing. In the same breath, we would like to thank our loyal customers for the support, patronage and kindness. We hope Xpress Marking will continue to work with our existing and develop new relationships for many years to come.